Games should be fun (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:17 (1472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah... I gotta stop you here. As a couple of other people have said, if you're not having fun, stop playing. I DEFINITELY think it's supposed to be fun - and I have fun 98% of the time I play it. The whole cynical "Destiny is just a bounty simulator" meme is getting old. Ignore the damn bounties if they bother you. Really. There are 3 activities (4?) where light level actually matters. If you want to do those, maybe you have to worry about Bounties. For everything else, you're COMPLETELY FINE ignoring them. Just play the damn game.

This. I've basically stopped playing Destiny because I hate the grind/bounty thing. I hop on occasionally to play crucible with folks, and I have fun when I do. I always enjoyed the Raids in the past, but since I haven't bought the last expansions/season pass I can't do that anymore so now it's just a free-to-play PvP game for me. That's totally fine. If you're playing a game, then you should only play the parts you enjoy (or maybe put up with a tiny amount of pain to get to something you enjoy). If you aren't having fun, then stop and find something else to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread