Just a couple of things... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 17:23 (1472 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

All good points. I did not intend to imply that I think anyone is wrong for being dissatisfied with the season pass content. I’m disappointed with it! I’ve just reached the point where I can actually accept it and move in instead of being here bitching about it (though I’m always happy to do so). I don’t mean to imply that’s what you’re doing either!

Destiny has seemed aimless basically from the start, but I think it’s worse now than ever.

I do try to see the other side though. I’d be hard pressed to believe that anyone (or at least very many) look at the season pass as great content. But I do try to recognize that lots of people probably do enjoy what it offers, and for folks like Claude who would be playing the game anyway, it’s probably a good value proposition—a new small activity to play, some new gear to play with, just new stuff to do and chase while they play.

I don’t personally like it, and I think it’s done actual harm to the game (and certainly to my personal enjoyment of it), but I can’t discount that lots of people think it’s totally fine, and it’s easy to just not play the game and hope the next big thing ends up being cool.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread