Just a couple of things... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:40 (1472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah... I gotta stop you here. As a couple of other people have said, if you're not having fun, stop playing. I DEFINITELY think it's supposed to be fun - and I have fun 98% of the time I play it. The whole cynical "Destiny is just a bounty simulator" meme is getting old. Ignore the damn bounties if they bother you. Really. There are 3 activities (4?) where light level actually matters. If you want to do those, maybe you have to worry about Bounties. For everything else, you're COMPLETELY FINE ignoring them. Just play the damn game.

That’s where I have to disagree with you. Everything new in the game revolves around bounties. You can’t make realistic progress in the season pass without doing them. You can’t upgrade Bunkers without doing them. I’d love to go back to ignoring bounties. You literally can’t make progress anymore by doing so. It’s the reason I don’t play anymore. Sure, I can still jump in and raid or play Crucible or whatever, but I’d be ignoring the content I ostensibly paid ten dollars for, and honestly, I’ve been doing the other things with basically nothing new since Forsaken, so I’m kinda over it. I’m just not interested in logging in and collecting bounties then spend the next two hours just doing random crap with whatever gun the bounty tells me to use. I think it’s incredibly disingenuous to tell someone to just ignore bounties. That’s just not how the game works anymore.

I think the solution for someone who hates bounties is not to suck it up and do the bounties... it's to stop paying for content that requires you to play a way you don't want to. As t1ger says, you can just go the free-to-play route and do the fun stuff.

I'm not saying "Ignore the bounties", full stop. I'm saying "Ignore the bounties if they make you sad or angry."

You don't have to pay for content you don't enjoy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread