Just a couple of things... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 18, 2020, 16:58 (1471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There are many games that are great that are not mechanically heavy. For instance, you already know the control scheme for say, Life is Strange. Left stick to move the character, right stick to move the camera. Your muscle memory carries over to tons of games. It's no work to learn.

I love it when you tell me how things are for me.

You've never played a third person game EVER?!

Yeah, that's definitely the takeaway from my sarcasm.

I know how to play. I've played. (Played all four seasons of Walking Dead, for example.) I enjoyed them enough to finish them... a few years ago. But I didn't like the way that thinking about the controls took me out of the game. And that got worse as time went forward. I'm at a point now where I simply don't care to pick up a new one.

Doesn't mean I CAN'T - means I find the added work overcomes the enjoyment of playing.

The idea that for you, it takes "no work to learn" might mean that for me, it takes "no work to learn" (or "to play") is absurd. I find it takes work, and the work reduces the enjoyment of playing enough that I don't care to do so. The fact that you can't simply accept that and move on blows my mind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread