“Fix Trials” indeed (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, April 24, 2020, 13:20 (1463 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Trials loot table for April 24:

• 3 Wins (Powerful): Chest
• 5 Wins (Powerful): Eye of Sol, Sniper Rifle
• 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Exile's Curse, Fusion
• Flawless (Pinnacle): Chest

Am I missing something? I thought Pinnacle and Powerful operated differently. This division makes it appear to me that you focus on one slot each week, and with an opportunity for an elite version at the top tier.

That kind of makes sense to me.

“Pinnacle” means it drops above your current Light Level. “Powerful” drops at your current light level (there’s slightly more to it than that, but that’s essentially the difference).

There are several issues here. Pinnacle drops are meaningless outside of light level. They are also available from plenty of other sources, with far less work. For example, in the time that it takes to complete your flawless card, you could potentially run the Garden of Salvation raid twice (on different characters) and get a total of 8 pinnacle drops, or 10 if you also complete the raid challenges.

Still, it’s nice that the Flawless Chest loot is a pinnacle drop... nothing wrong with that. But to have it drop the exact same piece of gear that you got back at 3 wins on the same card is ridiculous, especially considering the Chest piece was one of the available drops last week as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread