“Fix Trials” indeed (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 25, 2020, 12:23 (1456 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Bungie: “We want to make sure we really stick the landing with Trials. It’s important that this doesn’t come out half-baked”

Trials loot table for April 24:

• 3 Wins (Powerful): Chest
• 5 Wins (Powerful): Eye of Sol, Sniper Rifle
• 7 Wins (Pinnacle): Exile's Curse, Fusion
• Flawless (Pinnacle): Chest

That’s right, the reward for going Flawless this week is literally the exact same drop as the reward for 3 wins.

Sorry guys, but if the devs responsible for bringing back Trials have so little understanding of the activity that they allowed it to ship like this in the first place, I don’t trust them to know how to fix it. I hope they do, but I’m not holding my breath.

All three of my characters are at 1009, missing exactly one piece to advance to 1010. (Boots on my Titan and Warlock, Helmet on my Hunter.)

They were all there before I did any pinnacle activities this week.

I've gotten 22 pinnacle drops so far this week (8 on my Warlock, 7 each on my Titan and Hunter), and none of them filled that missing slot on any character.

Chappy is in worse shape than I am - he's at least one full week ahead of me (maybe 2) in terms of being one piece short, and he gets more pinnacle drops than I do (he does the raid 3 times, adding 12 drops/week).

The idea of a guaranteed pinnacle drop in a SPECIFIC SLOT would make me work really hard to get to the lighthouse. (This week there's no point, but if boots or helmet show up before I complete...)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread