“Fix Trials” indeed (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 18:19 (1458 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Would you be cool with custom Shaders for the Flawless run? Naturally would prob need a little more than that, but would that give you that "meaningful" need of the Adept without the game breaking features?

I like shaders, and that would be cool, but for me it wouldn’t be enough. Just my personal opinion here, but I think it really has to be weapons. Adept weapons specifically. And while I do understand the fear that you can’t make them truly special without making them too good, Bungie has pulled it off in the past. Like many things related to Trials, the very first batch of adept weapons in D1 were perfect, because the “adept” perk didn’t give them a PvP bonus at all. The adept weapons were all elemental primaries. They just took the standard versions of the primaries, which were already fantastic PvP guns, and gave them a little PvE boost. This was such a smart approach, for several reasons. It gave the adept weapons an extra level of desirability without giving them any kind of PvP advantage, plus the elemental damage played well into the whole “trophy” aspect of loot because anyone playing with you could see by the colour of your ballistics that you were using an elemental primary. It stood out and looked special. But then Luke Smith decides that elemental primaries had to go, and we started getting adept weapons with intrinsic PvP perks, and it was never as good after that. Man, that dude really seems to enjoy taking my favourite things about Destiny and removing them, lol.

Now, I know we can’t just have “elemental primaries” as adept weapons in D2, since the whole system is different now. But something in that spirit would, IMO, be the right move. Something that takes great PvP guns and makes them a little better than they currently are for PvE.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread