Fix it in Post (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 27, 2020, 16:03 (1459 days ago) @ Speedracer513

This is where Overwatch does something that I would love Bungie to create; PTR (Public Test Region). A server/Mode with the main purpose of testing in-progress code. Then again, they do have something like that don't they? If I'm recalling that right, I wonder why they didn't use it? I guess it would be for the glory of surprise, but it was a pretty open secret that Trials was to return in one form or another.

Indeed, Bungie does this already and openly used Crucible Labs last season for this purpose by featuring different variations of Elimination all season long -- specifically so they could figure out which iteration would be best for the return of Trials.

The problem here is that the game mode itself isn't the problem.

As Cruel said earlier, the original 3v3 Elimination mode is still great! It's the structure of the bounties and reward system that are destroying the playlist - and that's something that you can't really test in a "PTR" in a live, loot-based game like Destiny. ...

Balderdash. Hogwash. Complete and utter nonsense. ...I get ahead of myself. Thank you for the reminder of the name. Crucible Labs!

The idea that they have a test realm, but they couldn't test something is... well, aforementioned. Pure Glmmer. White Green & Blue kit. Detestation materials or bright dust of different amounts. All that is needed is something to fill in the slot. Shoot, it could be be nothing! Placeholder pink, purple, and green cards with a "Thank you" on it. It's a place to TEST! But you can't test something in it!?!?

[image]

Oh! They couldn't test the loot system of the loot game! SURE.

That said, with six years of making this "loot" game, it's kinda shocking how they missed the mark. It's all just pretty damning either way I suppose. Shame.

...Unfortunately, that isn't enough to excuse Bungie in this case either, because the things we all hate about the way Trials is right now should have been obvious consequences of the structure they decided to go with.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread