I'm a Video Game Item Hoarder (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, April 27, 2020, 12:20 (1459 days ago) @ Simpsons Rule

I'm a collector as well (currently #21 on the leaderboard); managing my collection is just part of the game for me. Assuming you're using DIM, the "is:reacquirable" is a good starting place - anything that filter highlights (that you're not actively using) can be safely deleted and retrieved from the collection if needed.

Keeping 9 items for each slot for 3 characters, your total available space is just under 800 (though just 81 weapon slots and 135 armor slots on characters).

It's a game of priorities and tough choices. Personally I've decided to let Bungie's (ill conceived and unfriendly) elemental affinities and armor mod limitations dictate my priorities. I'm keeping a solar, arc and void set of the Reverie Dawn and Dreambane armor sets for each character - that way I can use any mod in any affinity. On top of that, I'm collecting a single set of seasonal armor for each character, and a single set of current raid armor for each character.

With the above strategy, I'm going to run out of space at the start of the next season. Ultimately this is bad design on Bungie's part - a "looter shooter" without the ability to keep your loot. I'm hoping they fix the "Collection" functionality before I completely loose interest, but they don't seem to be interested in anything beyond Eververse sales and low-effort "seasonal activities".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread