Do we need more reasons to dislike Blizzard? (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 12:40 (1361 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by MacAddictXIV, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 13:17

Why the heck did you take a job where you can't pay rent and afford food? Because nothing in that article says that they decreased anyones wages.

Read it again:

One veteran Blizzard employee told Bloomberg News they received a raise of less than 50 cents an hour. They are making less now than they did almost a decade ago because they are working fewer overtime hours than they did back then.

Is he Salary? Is he Hourly? I have no idea. And that does make a difference. This isn't even the same guy, this is just an example of a low raise.

This guy could make 200k a year, but because he is a manager that has to put in more hours. It could literally be 2 hours more a week.

I'm not saying that the wages are in a bad situation. But this article is cherry picking situations without any contextual data to back it up. It's like a said, a slam piece. You don't vilify a company if you have nothing to support it with other than anonymous stories.

Could Blizzard be Scrooge's that are milking their employees? Sure they could be, but there is no evidence in this article at all other than the higher ups are making a lot of money.

[Edit]

I just realized after reading Cruel's reply that this said less hours and not more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread