Do we need more reasons to dislike Blizzard? (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 13:26 (1353 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I haven’t seen anything in this piece that proves to me that Jack is an asshole.

And here we have the problem.

You’re making assumptions. I didn’t say that “Jack isn’t an asshole”... I said I don’t see proof.

When I was 19 and living on my own for the first time, my daily budget for food was $5 (Canadian). For reference, a McDonald’s combo meal at that time cost $6.95 Canadian, or there about. Does that make my employer an asshole? Well, no. I was working for them before I moved out on my own. The pay was fair given the demands of the job and my experience. I knew what I was making, yet I chose to rent an apartment I could barely afford because at that time the freedom of living on my own was more important to me than financial comfort or stability. I made that choice.

I need way more info about these people and their living situations before I know whether or not to blame their employer. How much are they spending on their cell phones every month? How many subscription services are they signed up for? The reality is many people SUCK with money and budgeting. Maybe the people featured in this article do, and maybe they don’t, but I don’t have nearly enough info to know either way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread