Do we need more reasons to dislike Blizzard? (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 13:39 (1353 days ago) @ Cody Miller

(That seems super unlikely to me. More likely is that you read this piece, which took shots at a company you don't like, and you decided to spread it, even though it does absolutely NOTHING by itself about putting its info into a more general context, and you decided you don't need to worry about that.)

Jack is out there being an asshole, but we don't know who ELSE is being an asshole, so we can't blame Jack!

Where, in this thread, has ANYONE suggested that we can't blame Jack?

I asked you to put your pitchfork-rousing in context. Rather than do so, you're putting words in my mouth that I never said.

How did you expect this to go?

Best case scenario, we all say "holy shit, that Blizzard is a shitty company!"

Many of us thought that before. (You clearly did, given the subject line of your first post.) What has changed?

You get people to act by showing them injustice. If EVERY company treats workers the same way, and it's a bad way, picking an example and starting with them is somewhat arbitrary and unfair. You should look for ways to change the SYSTEM, not take down individual parts. If only ONE company is treating its workers horribly, then maybe you have a point going after that company - but you do that by saying "here's what other companies are doing, here's what the bad company is doing, let's make them change!"

You're being arbitrary and unfair. I'm asking you to address the bigger picture, but you'd rather point at me and say "he's not helping!" than to actually come up with any real data.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread