Do we need more reasons to dislike Blizzard? (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 05, 2020, 09:06 (1350 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I do want point out that it's unfair to respond to a pay disparity conversation by saying "The 22 year old handling the company’s twitter account does not deserve to make the same amount of money as the lead sound designer" because NO ONE IS SAYING THAT. We're saying the 22 year old handling the company's twitter account should be paid a living wage. At that point, we'd have to dig into the cost of living in Irvine and its surrounding areas, what the social media manager at Blizzard gets paid, and whether or not that's considered a "living wage". We don't have that, so we can't REALLY have that conversation here beyond me asserting "I think everyone at Blizzard should be paid a living wage, and I mean EVERYONE, facilities staff included" and you either agreeing or disagreeing with that.

I think Cody's subject did a disservice to the discussion even if I agree with him on the core topic.

I agree with him on the core topic as well. I just don't think there is enough information on either side of the subject to really make a debate. Like, I would play devils advocate but I can't!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread