Do we need more reasons to dislike Blizzard? (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 14:02 (1360 days ago) @ kidtsunami

1800s orphans on street corners weren't debating with their partners about whether or not they could have kids... I think the article is a bit sensationalist, especially considering Activision, a company that allegedly wanted to get Foie Gras out of Bungie, is an easy target as an evil corporation, but I don't think the responses here should respond in kind.

At the end of the day, it DOES sound like they have a massive pay disparity and that it's affecting morale. This is not some random indie dev scraping by on savings, this is Activision Blizzard we're talking about, and I think if they have employees are avoiding having kids because they don't feel financial stable enough, that it's fair to say maybe they aren't getting paid enough at the multi-billion dollar a year business.

I used that statement in reference to the article, not the actual people. Which for all I know is made up. Coming from this article I honestly don't know what is made up or fact because it doesn't really cite anything relevant about the employees. Even what Cody quoted wasn't even quoted from the employees.

So at the end of the day it does sounds like they COULD have a massive pay disparity, but from that article there is nothing to back that up. So until I see some sort of numbers or actual quotes from employees I'm going to assume it's a slam piece.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread