Comments and Questions (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 13:25 (1270 days ago) @ cheapLEY

All of your comments are accurate but it's not a bad thing. I liked the vidoc and am pretty excited for the update. It's nice to see the people that make the product and see that they are excited about it.

I don’t disagree, but ever since the Guardian Games one, I have a very difficult time believing that excitement is genuine. The folks in that video were either straight up lying for marketing, or they must also get that overly excited when their mom makes them Kraft macaroni for lunch, because I have a very hard tone believing any well adjusted adult could look at the Guardian Games and think it was worth selling as much as that video did. Matching they hype in the video to the actual product they put out there still legitimately makes me kind of angry.

These have always been marketing exercises, but the Guardian Games video was the one that cemented the fact that they were never anything but marketing videos.

Fair enough but that's a very cynical point of view from an outsider. Sure, they might be hamming up a bit for the sake of the video but, for the most part, they are still people that are passionate and proud of their work and are excited to talk about it. I can relate personally as I have a very unique job and when I get an opportunity to talk about it, I get excited. Even if the Guardian Games was lackluster as a player, the people who made it still intended for the user base to have fun.

I have to think that anytime something is released, the devs are pooping their pants with excitement and anxiety to hear the feedback from the community. And it can be emotionally devastating when something you excitedly put effort into gets raked.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread