I'm sorry, but I just need to (belatedly) interject. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, October 31, 2020, 22:12 (1271 days ago) @ Harmanimus

5 seconds about what the event is and 90 seconds of trash talking about other classes is almost definitely legitimate feelings from the developers.

Sure, and if the event had contained literally any of that (you know, maybe some actual challenges based around the classes) instead of just determining who was fucking bored enough to grind out even more asinine bounties, then maybe I’d believe anyone there gave a shit. But that didn’t happen, and we got what we got.

It’s the only event in the history of Destiny that I think legitimately makes things worse just for existing. Not having an event at all would have been better than that absolute half-assed garbage.

I try to recognize that maintaining a game like Destiny is certainly challenging, and the pace of content is actually pretty good in the grand scheme of things. Some events are naturally just filler to give the folks constantly playing the game something to do, and that’s fine, but holy crap, even in that context, Guardian Games was a wet fart wrapped in a soggy napkin.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread