ahhhh Claude (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 30, 2020, 13:53 (1266 days ago) @ Claude Errera

WORDS MATTER!

"Physically unable" means something. "Physically unable to eat" also means something. Eating and digesting are not the same thing. (There are lots and lots and LOTS of people who eat dairy who have trouble digesting it, because they don't produce enough lactase. My son, for example. There are fewer people - but maybe still a lot, I don't really know, who not only have trouble digesting dairy, but CANNOT digest it, because they don't produce ANY lactase.)

Neither of these groups are 'physically unable to eat' dairy - they're just unable to digest some (or all) of what they've eaten.

There is probably some small group of humans for whom dairy is a poison - eating it will kill them. Those people fall in to the 'physically unable to eat' category (even if you're being pedantic, as Mac and I are). They don't make up 75% of the world's population, though.

Yeah, I know - you're being consistent. You OFTEN make blanket statements that are true if people make the same general assumptions as you do. Since (often) these statements are controversial, they tend to bring out the pedant in some of us - because the easiest way to disregard your controversy is to point out that you're (technically) wrong.

I will, once again, remind you that the best way to have a conversation in which folks aren't resorting to making fun of your absolutism is by not being absolute. ;)

And yes, I'll remind you that you, specifically, are held to a more stringent standard at this point because you have such a long history of abusing absolutism. :)

Thank you for completely and utterly validating and explaining my joke while also making a great statement :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread