...bro... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:30 (1273 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Unable to eat it in the common parlance.

If someone is allergic to something, I'm sure they would be able to actually swallow it. But they would still go around saying "I can't eat fish" or "I'm unable to eat nuts" or whatever.

Physical was used to denote a biological barrier. Not that they don't have access to it. Not that they don't like it. But that there is a physical mechanism which makes it so.

Words are not actually so precise, and one must infer intent from context and cultural clues.

The thing is, I'm still unsure about what you mean. Are you saying that 3/4 of humanity can't eat dairy because they are allergic to it? Or there are other repercussions other than allergies?

Because one thing you should do when you are making an argument against something is not to be so general that you actually lose your audience in generalization. For example, Humans died a 100% of the time when they entered water above their head, really shows you that we should never enter the water.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread