Deep Stone Crypt Impressions *FULL RAID SPOILERS* (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 06:56 (1247 days ago)

Gonna just liberally use the spoiler tag to avoid anyone mistakenly clicking a link that takes them here.

The Music/Audio
Holy cow, generally it's amazing in this raid and is perfect for every encounter. I just want to specifically call out the space walk, that straight up evoked Carl Sagan and other space content from that era.

The Encounters/Roles
I love encounters that have some clearly defined roles, some filler roles, and a good amount of space for improvising/comebacks.
For example on our successful clear of the second encounter, our upper scanner sent the augment down to me too early and didn't have it for the damage phase up there. They legit sheepishly guessed annnnnd it worked and it saved a run that ended up succeeding.
That makes for an encounter that's fun to run.

The Environment
Wow, just wow. The frosty wasteland of europa, the clean modern lines of Bray's labs, the majesty of a proper spacewalk, crashing out of orbit, and finishing the fight roundabout where you started?
Chef's kiss.

The datapads
Heartbreaking, loved em.

The caches/rewards
Love all the work bungie is putting into various systems to reduce the sting of RNG.
Allowing you to use the currency you get from the encounters to get rerolls and most importantly to pull a subset of the rewards in case you're chasing a helmet, wonderful.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread