One sad part of this puzzle... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 29, 2020, 10:47 (1216 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think all Destiny raids (going back to D1's Vault of Glass) have jumping puzzles. Starting in D2, each raid has a Flawless triumph. (In D1, the triumph was raid-independent; you just had to do A raid flawlessly, not EVERY raid.) Recently, the community has figured out that you can send one or two people through to do it flawlessly, while everyone else goes to orbit, and comes back before the next encounter. (Crown of Sorrows had a jumping puzzle that was pretty difficult to keep 6 people alive in, but some classes could cheese it altogether, so leaving someone in who had that capability saved the Flawless run for the whole team.)

I guess Bungie decided that was unfair. (I mean, they're not wrong, but...)

This puzzle is a requirement if you're going for Flawless. If people who are bad at jumping go to orbit during a Flawless run, they are no longer eligible for the Flawless triumph. (The rest of the team still is, though.)

I'm sort of sad about this. I mean... there's no super-easy way to practice this; the checkpoint is BEFORE the Atraks encounter. (Maybe I'm wrong, and it's possible to save a checkpoint just before the jumping puzzle. If so, that's awesome.)

As a bad jumper who occasionally has a good run, I can see this being a major impediment to a Flawless completion for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread