I have two comments (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 03, 2020, 06:31 (1234 days ago) @ ZackDark

In my experience, Taniks moves around enough that it can be tricky to hit his head. Probably just safer to hit him and not have to worry about the chance of missing in exchange for the little bit of extra damage from Divinity itself.

Not his head, the Divinity bubble

I could be wrong about this, but I always thought that the Divinity bubble was just a visual indicator that Divinity’s exotic perk was active. I thought it turned the whole target into a giant crit spot.

Now, during this specific boss fights (Taniks), I have noticed that when I’m shooting the boss with my slug shotgun, I get higher damage numbers when I shoot at or near the Divinity bubble vs when I shoot higher up at the boss himself. But I was under the impression that this difference was due to the extra range. At that angle, the boss’ upper body is further away from me than the divinity bubble (which is almost under the boss). And that extra range is enough for my slug shotgun to experience some damage drop off.

Is that not the case?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread