Bask in this... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 01, 2020, 10:43 (1240 days ago) @ cheapLEY

For me it was an amazing experience, especially after the absolute chaos that was the encounter just preceding the spacewalk. I’m sure it doesn’t hit the same way without having played it.

That whole sequence is a great one-two punch, though. During the Atraks-1 encounter, half the team rides launch pods up to the space station. There’s a nice little window in the pod, so you can see that you’re in space. That was a cool realization the first time. Then, once the encounter is over, everyone gets to come up and be on the space station and look out the massive window and see the station sprawling out in front of them, Europa floating in the background. I think everyone had at least a slight feeling that we were getting ready for a space walk. And then it happens, and it’s just this awesome culmination.

Combine that with the fact that I think this raid has the clearest overall narrative, thanks in part the to AI messages that play over the speakers, and I really do like that speech during the spacewalk.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread