Disagree (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 14:05 (1219 days ago) @ Korny

I've now been upper scanner twice, in our blind run and in a follow-up run, and I've gotta say it's sticking out to me as one of the most stressful jobs in any raid, ever. Maybe there's some best practices that will make that final stand more manageable, but phew, having the success of the entire encounter rest only on your ability to spin and pick out which of the 8 bosses is yellow (while not being fooled by the yellow augment terminals) definitely stands out.

Funny. I’ve found Scanner at each stage to be the easiest “role” in any raid, and I feel like Bungie did this so that you could give the less-skilled players in a raid something really important to do, without demanding expertise in any area (looking at you, King’s Fall Runner role).

If anything, Suppressor is the most stressful role in any raid. You die? Issa wipe.

I've run both Scanner and Suppressor and believe the reverse is true. Scanner was much harder because of the window of time you have to make the right call out was so small whereas as a suppressor it was like yeah I have years to make it to the right spot, and then it's easy to shoot, pop over to the next spot, shoot, pop to the next, wait for the callout and shoot one final time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread