I have two comments (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 02, 2020, 22:38 (1230 days ago) @ ZackDark

If you pop four cores out of Taniks and deposit them instead of just two, you get an extra damage phase.

Gotcha. Was not aware. Doing 4 cores sounds like a nightmare, though.

So I just did the 4-bomb method with my clan a couple nights ago. It was my first time trying it, but the rest of the group had some experience.

It was a chaotic, frantic mess that worked beautifully lol.

We had our fireteam split into pairs, each pair was assigned to one corner of the map. Once the boss started moving towards one of the 3 corners, we all knew we’d be planting the bombs at the other 2 corners. As soon as the boss’ “legs” became vulnerable, we all rushed him, shooting as we went. Every time a bomb dropped out of him, one of us would pick it up immediately and rush back to our corner. If 2 players were running to the same corner at the same time, they’d work out who was going to which bin on the way over. There was always a bit of a scramble under the boss as we raced to pick up the bombs, but the general rule was “pick up the bomb that you knock out of him”, so it wasn’t too bad, and everyone was proactive about grabbing a bomb if it looked like nobody else was about to grab it. Our operator would hang back and pop bubbles as the bomb carriers ran, but I don’t think he ever had to pop more than 2 bubbles per bomb phase. Occasionally a bomb carrier would die on their way back to their corner, but someone else was almost always close enough to grab their bomb and deposit it in time.

We probably wiped 4 or 5 times attempting this method, but i think the damage phase caused more wipes for us than the bomb phase. Once we had a good, smooth damage phase we beat him (1-phased him, in fact). We then switched characters and ran the raid again. This time we 1-phased the boss our first try.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread