I have two comments (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, December 03, 2020, 06:59 (1240 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So you basically pray your hardest the Operator doesn't disabled and run like hell?

More or less, lol

I could be wrong about this (I don’t have a firm grip on the subtleties of the encounter yet) but I believe that if all 4 bombs are released at nearly the same time, and all 4 bomb runners grab their bombs instantly and rush to their bins as fast as possible, you’ll be able to deposit all 4 bombs before any of the buffs are deactivated.

I think the buffs still get deactivated the same way - that is, as soon as the Suppressor stuns Taniks. The teams I have been watching on Twitch pretty much always do the 4-bomb method, and they are usually calling out the 2nd bubble pop so that the timing isn't an issue. I am convinced that once he is stunned, he will not make any more detainment bubbles -- so the problem really only ever occurs when the detainment bubble is getting deployed right as he is getting stunned (or if the Operator is not on his/her game in shooting them).

The other benefit to doing the 4-bomb method is that you don't really ever have to worry about swapping the buffs. Even if you don't one-phase the boss, there is more than enough time for the deactivated buff to stick theirs in the terminal and pull it back out fresh before the next phase, so you can have just two people focus on the two buffs that matter and the other four focus on just getting the cores and depositing them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread