This Week at Bungie 4/22 (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, April 22, 2021, 11:16 (1072 days ago) @ bluerunner

Lots of details on transmog. And of course the Bungie monkey's paw curled again.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/5027

Looks like it's a lot of bounty work to do it:

Before we get too deep, here’s a quick list of steps that players will take to convert their armor appearance into Universal Armor Ornaments: 

1. Defeat enemies to earn Synthstrand. 

2. Spend Synthstrand on bounties to earn Synthcord. 

3. Convert Synthcord at the Loom in the Tower into Synthweave. 

4. Use Synthweave to convert an unlocked armor appearance (Legendary quality or lower) from Collections into a Universal Armor Ornament. 

You can only earn 10 armor item unlocks per class per season, except for next season where you can earn 20. So 2 sets of armor unlocked per class per season.

Why must they over complicate everything!? All I want to do is look at my hunter and think to myself "That looks awesome." I've NEVER been able to say that during D2.

I feel like this is just taking the current shader model, ramping it up and multiplying it across all the armor. My stupid old mind can't comprehend all these steps and organizational tactics needed to look cool. JUST LET ME "PUSH 'A' TO EQUIP" AND COLOR IT ORANGE! THE END!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread