Nice Things. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 13, 2021, 15:29 (1071 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would honestly, with no judgement or anything because I just want to learn, hear and understand the reasoning behind why they are doing it this way. From the outside, it looks like a system so far outside of what is fun I'm baffled because there are sensible alternatives. But there has to be a reason.

I just want to know it.

It’s because you can just pay real money to skip all of that. I mean, really. There’s no other legitimate reason they don’t just let you click the button to do it like literally every other game that has a transmog system.

It's really sad. After seeing many of the developers that I always admired and enjoyed one by one crossing the line, I'd hoped Bungie wasn't going to be one of them. There's no hoping anymore. The fact that I haven't logged in for over 2 years speaks for itself.

I'm being serious. It's tremendously disheartening to see so much of this medium transform into something truly vile when you know it has so much creative promise.

I wish critics would do their jobs. I remember Total Biscuit defending loot boxes in Overwatch before he died by saying "I have more money than time" (He was dying from cancer), "So the system that lets me pay money to save time is worth it for me."

But it never occurred to him to simply wonder why the game wasted his time in the first place. He, and many other critics who lack even the most basic semblance of insightful thought, fail to see that this is the equivalent of purposefully introducing a problem, then asking for money to fix it. Don't design the problem into your game in the first place.

I cannot believe it's 2021 and you even have to tell a game developer to design in good faith for maximum fun (or some other type of meaningful positive experience).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread