Transmog Requrements; As Exspected. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 22, 2021, 13:55 (1100 days ago) @ bluerunner

As expected? Yep.

We will be adding a Transmogrification feature to Destiny 2.

• This will allow players to turn their Armor into Universal Ornaments.
  • We plan to allow players to do this with in-game effort OR Silver.
  • This feature is in early development and is expected sometime during Year 4.

That is quoted from a TWAB dated last year, in the 7th of May. (Here is the DBO vers.)

So, in short, it seems it may be more of an investment then we realize, should it pan out as is implied here. And yes, there are folks who are wondering why this wouldn't just be free/part of the game?

Well. Bungie did exactly as it said it was going to do. Even then, this is as expected, right? Nothing is free in this game, sans perhaps playing it. But that's how it works right? The first step is always free. Reading this weeks TWAB details on how all this Transmog ( A.K.A Armor Synthesis) stuff is to come to together for me is totally expected. Except for one thing.

Limitations? And no, I'm not talking about exotics or the year one stuff that doesn't work with the system yet, nor the 2018 and 2019 Solstice of Heroes glows that by far are some of the most grievous snake oil Bungie has yet (should it) to correct. By and large I expected that for various reasons in each.

No it's...

How many of these can you earn?
Players may earn up to ten Synthweave per class, per Season. Except in Season of [REDACTED]...

To celebrate the introduction of Armor Synthesis, in Season of [REDACTED], players may earn ten additional Synthweave per class through the introductory experience. In total, during Season of [REDACTED] players may earn up to 20 Synthweave per class, which can either be used to convert four full sets to ornaments, or 20 specific items.

As a quick example for the Hunters out there, that could mean you unlock four armor pieces, plus sixteen individual cloaks to swap between depending on your mood.

So... is that per character? Or Total? Until clarified other wise, I'm going with total, which is crap. If you roll one character, than "fine", but three? This is crap. Ignoring the one time 20 deal, 10 total rolls for 3 characters is nothing. It really does bring me to amazement, but for all the wrong reasons. Who are the fucking designers in charge of this shit? I want to hear the justification. Honestly that's true for a number of things, but hey, no doubt these folks think Rube Goldberg was a world class designer. I'd imagine to get any answer out of them would require over a year of planning to create the contraption just for it to spell out; "I can't believe I get payed for this shit either." Gee thanks for the deep dive!

J.I.C; Oh it's 10 per character? Still shit, but at least there is less constipation.
#SilverLining #Rainbows #Unicorns #¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, at least the bounties as described seem no different then existing ones, so I'll just add them to the stack.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread