Am I missing something? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 14, 2021, 09:21 (1049 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Isn't transmog about cosmetics?

I reached a threshold long ago with Destiny where my eyes glaze over when things get too complicated. I'll try for the exotics I think I might need/sometimes want, but when I hear "play seven hours for a piece of armor," I know I'm already not going to go for that stuff. I simply don't play enough.

I've enjoyed the paper doll aspect of Destiny less as the years have rolled on (I do love the DSC armor). What was practical weighed more heavily, and I stopped caring what I looked like. Tranmog could have changed that, but as is, nothing has changed for me. I don't see more than my gloves 95% of the time, and could anyone who plays regularly with me recognize me in the Tower. I think not. Would I recognize anyone else? No. I used to play with shaders some, but I guess that's no longer just a funsie thing. Oh well.

It's funny that the last Bungie game where I felt my armor with integral to my character was when I imagined myself a special agent fighting insurgents on an ice planet.

[image]

Many fewer options then. And man, did I have fun. When the fun stops, I will stop playing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread