My $0.02 (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 14, 2021, 14:02 (1071 days ago) @ ManKitten

I like looking a particular way. I don't really want to change how I look very often. I'm mostly annoyed when I have to look stupid when leveling because I can't look the way I like. Personally, I was able to solve this problem with zero effort (okay I had to land on Europa and listen to Ada talk way too emotionally about finding a new raison d'etre).

My Titan looks like a titan (a la D1). My Warlock has a few really cool robes and helmets (Previous ornaments work for all other slots). My hunter functionally has two looks (an outlander rogue and a formal ceremonial outfit). I don't anticipate needing to chase things forever to unlock a deeper wardrobe.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of players are going to fit my experience.

I know, I know. It's a problem they manufactured. Bungie could have just made it all unlocked from the get-go. They are actively encouraging people to spend more time playing the game. The convoluted unlocking of materials is super-dumb. These are things that I would love to not be there. But... They probably are going to be losing money from seasonal ornaments as a result of this and it they're probably looking to supplement the loss from that.

On the other hand, I look the way I like (with zero effort), and I will easily get more options down the line (most of which I'll never need) just by playing. Eh. My experience is pretty different from what I was expecting when they initially announced the great material hunting hamster wheel of doom.

None of my experience discounts anyone else's and I'm not saying that it's not a problem because it doesn't impact me. My experience just feels a bit out of pace with the reactions I'm seeing online.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread