Post "Lightfall Reveal" Rant (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 15, 2022, 10:39 (581 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Unlike Game of Thrones and Star Wars, I don't think they've screwed the pooch yet (though they have gotten dangerously close to the pooch with the, um, screwing device).

They already have, multiple times in these last 8 years. The difference here is, the creation treadmill doesn't stop. If they screw up too much, in most cases, it can get patched. Just... make the ending of this saga good, right? THEN we'll see.

We are talking about story, right? Not imbalances, experiments gone wrong, etc. The low point for me was when Destiny released, and gap between what we got and my expectations.

Indeed. From "That Wizard Came From the Moon" to Curse of Osiris, and maybe little after that, the in-game story work was filled with high and low and really low points.

When you mentioned patching it, I thought you were talking about gameplay missteps that qualify as "screwing the pooch." Except for the initial disappointment, I don't see the Destiny story as being where they've "screwed the pooch." On that we might disagree.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread