Sad Indeed (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, December 06, 2023, 13:57 (143 days ago) @ Kermit

I mean no offense to people who I like to call friends, but it's interesting to me that the people who seem most eager to "share the good news," as the evangelists used to say, are people who don't play anymore or who show up when there's this kind of thing to share. Not to get too psychoanalytical, but it's almost if they need or want public vindication for how they've chosen to spend their time--especially from those who have chosen differently. And I say good news because it feels like it might be that. I mean, who wants to be the guy who swore off buying gold when the price rebounds and starts breaking records. For that guy a gold crash is vindication.

I’m not sure if this was directed at me, but I didn’t have any bad intentions with my sharing it, and I’m definitely not pleased to see Bungie in this state. I don’t speak up on Destiny, good or bad, because I don’t have anything to contribute. I haven’t been rooting for Destiny to fail, and I don’t want Bungie to fail. I just don’t play Destiny anymore and haven’t in a long time. I still follow what Bungie’s doing, and I’m just waiting for whatever future projects may appeal to me that aren’t Destiny. And, unfortunately, this new Bungie news really sucks, is pretty big news (I had no idea Sony could take away their independence), and figured people here would like to know and discuss.

I just thought I’d let you know where I was at in case you thought I was rooting against Bungie or something.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread