Interesting. (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:51 (139 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All I can say is that it is the only service based game, from the classic MMOs to the modern looter shooter, to make me continually log in every day, even if only for a few minutes, and to continuously satisfy me in both amounts of gameplay and amounts of story delivered.

For me, at this stage in my life, I do not want to be 'satisfied'. I want to be in awe. I want to be changed and challenged. I want to have a profound experience. I want my imagination to blow up.

I don't want gaming comfort food. I want a meal I'll remember forever.

Also, on a specific note, there are absolutely many moments in this game I will remember forever. Leitmotifs that will make me cry in remembrance. Characters I will forever love.

You have some very good insights sometimes, Cody, but this is one of those times where I think you think you know something when you've got no clue. I think you've made a lot of assumptions that have no founding. Plenty of things can be stretched over time and be fulfilling (if not, life would be completely unfulfilling. You're forced to experience that over time). Maybe not to you, but that doesn't make the thing flawed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread