[Kotaku]I played Destiny and it was kind of boring (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 28, 2014, 11:56 (3650 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Levi likes games that he can fall asleep too. This reminds me of Mass Effect 2's planet scanning/probing, which put me to sleep. Every. Single. Time.

I fell asleep the other day parachuting out of a plane in Grand Theft Auto! It's quality and immersion that zones me out and relaxes me, not horrendous mini-games, hah. That just made me want to put a rubber band around the joysticks and walk out of the room :)

This isn't to say I always hated it though. Sometimes it was exactly what I wanted. Zone out and just become completely relaxed. Most of the time though, it just sucked. Hauling ass up an 88 degree incline in the Mako was so much more fun.

I loved the Mako, and really wanted to see that revised and improved with each sequal, but alas. Also greatly disliked how the probing, such a simple, tangential mini-game could affect the end-game story. I want my real choices to affect the story, not my high score at the Planet-Bopper Time-Waster machine. :)

Anyway, I guess the point is there's a good boring and a bad boring!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread