What if Destiny was $60 with 2 FREE expansions? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 14, 2014, 12:42 (3583 days ago) @ Cody Miller

These expansions are planned, and already being worked on. Essentially, being part of the game, we are being sold a game that is not content complete, nor artistically complete.

How do you figure that Destiny won't be content and artistically complete as is? If it has a solid beginning, middle, end, and plenty to do, even without its DLC, then where does the line get drawn between complete and incomplete? That more than the initial release of Destiny is planned and being worked on is pretty much a "duh" statement what with the Destiny series having been envisioned as stretching across a ten year time frame. Seems pretty hard to use "it was worked on before the game shipped" as a criteria vs a series with a ten year plan...

I prefer to look at DLC in a cost / benefit context. Did I get my money's worth of enjoyment out of x or y DLC? If yes, what does it matter when it was released or when it was worked on?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread