DLC: Skyrim and Destiny (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 12:02 (3581 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny, in all likelihood, will be a much more solid game than Skyrim, but thanks to its similar ongoing "living world" gameplay it might be able to integrate DLC just as well as Skyrim did.

That's what Bungie advertises it as, right? A changing world that players will want to come back to? You have an advantage over me via the alpha, but neither have played much story or seen the extend of the DLC packs.

From what I know, have seen, and have played, Destiny's world is certainly not a 'living world'. That really doesn't accurately describe it.

Do you disagree with that? Can Destiny's DLC be done right?

Perhaps our definitions of done right are different. I would say no, if it's DLC it cannot be done right. If it is more similar to an expansion pack, then absolutely it can be done right.

You're quibbling over words. Stop, think bigger, and focus on the ideas: Additional paid content that extends a game like Destiny that will likely have no ending. If the hangup is really me typing DLC vs expansion then their is nothing to discuss because you are being purposely disenginous.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread