How much endgame content was there in Halo? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:49 (3530 days ago) @ kapowaz

Remember: there are no additional subscription fees, and I've heard nothing about microtransactions.

They have talked about DLC though; if you buy the limited/ghost edition you get the first two (?) DLC packages for ‘free’. Everyone who doesn't buy these editions will face a situation where there will be endgame content that other players can access that they can't: this game is definitely going to revolve around the endgame.

It seems like many times when people aren't happy with the choices Bungie has made, it's because they have expectations based on other games, especially MMOs. I'm pretty ignorant about MMOs. I realized reading this that I have no idea what people mean when they say endgame content. What is that, and why do we think that Destiny will have it? Why do we think that this will be part of the DLC? I hear Deej talk about how they have more stories to tell, and they hope to get to tell them, and so when I think of DLC, that's what I think of. Not new games per se, but new stories or perhaps a continuation of certain stories but nothing I would call an endgame. But again, I don't think that word means to me what it means to others in this conversation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread