How much endgame content was there in Halo? (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 17:47 (3529 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The issue is quality vs quantity. You always want to give players the most concentrated game experience possible, with everything they are asked to do being as fun as possible. Padding it it with things that aren't so fun is not how you create the best experience… I'm not saying it has to be combat at Mach 10 100% of the time, but the spaces have to be utilized to create some kind of flow to the experience.

That actually is really close to what I thought you've been saying for a year and a half now, so could you explain what you actually do mean?

As far as the endgame goes, in most of the games that I've played that have an 'endgame', that's typically where the most fun is. So the question is, why not eliminate the beginning, and just have everybody start at the 'endgame'? Having an 'endgame' just ensures that your players aren't getting all the fun immediately. There shouldn't be divisions - you should just have 'the game'. You shouldn't have rewards for the missions, the missions should be the rewards. The experience should be valuable in and of itself.

but people like rewards

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread