Urk answers lots of post-beta questions on IGN (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 18:12 (3530 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Right here

Looks like voice chat in the beta is pretty much what we will get for launch, but they are discussions about the feedback provided

Dang it... why should we not be able to hear our team in multiplayer? Where's the sense?

I like hearing my teammates, but the problem I have is that 99% of the players I get matched with are just spouting crap all the time. So much so that I turned off all voice in Halo: Reach. It's too much work to turn off all of your teammates when a match starts based on whether they are going to provide useful conversation.

You know there was an option to not hear people, right? Why not bring that back? Just an option in the audio preferences to choose between hearing just your party (because I don't think games can turn that off), your party and your fireteam, or everyone. I'd really prefer for the default to be hearing people but I'd be fine with the default having that option off and letting people turn on the option to hear people, in competitive and hopefully cooperative modes. Individual muting would be good to have too, though, so you could hear people and then decide you don't like what one of them has to say and then with a selection and one or two button presses not hear them any more. Halo has had that since Halo 3, and in Reach they even made it so if someone gets muted all the time they're muted for everyone that doesn't specifically unmute them. Why leave these features by the wayside?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread