How much endgame content was there in Halo? (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 01:12 (3559 days ago) @ Kermit

This "endgame" content is part of an MMO model.

Nah, most games with a meaningful levelling system provide some kind of endgame content. JRPGs especially usually have bonus dungeons and secret bosses, or even a remixed, more challenging New Game+. It's not present in the same format, but even RPGs like Fallout or Skyrim take measures to stop you getting too powerful to enjoy playing by levelling the enemies alingside you.

I don't know how people know that that is the model that Destiny will follow. I would have loved additional Reach story, but I got nowhere near the level cap in Reach, and this model seems to be for leveled up players only.

There was no meaningful level cap in Reach. You didn't earn skills or abilities as you went along (IIRC? That's right though I think?), it was just a number representing a cosmetic reward system. So there didn't need to be additional content for overpowered, maxed out players.

The biggest reason to believe that there's some kind of endgame is that they hsve a "Raid" (or raids) that requires you to be at the level cap. By using terminology lifted directly from MMOs they set a certain expectation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread