How much endgame content was there in Halo? (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 22:19 (3530 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 22:23

Thanks for the detailed explanation, but I still don't know how we know the content of the expansions or that they will be for maxed out players. Couldn't the expansions be something like what ODST was supposed to be originally?

How was ODST supposed to work originally? I'm not familiar with that (although I have heard people refer to it as an ‘expansion’ for Halo 3).

More story, new characters, new settings. Obviously, your character would remain active in a Destiny expansion, but I still don't think I'm imagining what you're imagining. Throughout this thread it seems that you're speaking from a place of certainty that Destiny is an MMO. I'm not convinced that it is.

It really seems to me pretty much everyone who knows about this except Bungie and people who are very particular about meanings have accepted this is an MMO, and the definition sticklers are just caught up on instancing and party sizes and relatively minor details like those. I would say, having read about it and played the beta, Destiny is a massively multiplayer on-line first-person shooter, with third-person sections and role-playing elements, and if it's not that then I don't know what it is (which would mean either I did an awful job comprehending what I was seeing or Bungie is throwing a curveball like I've never seen before).
Whether you agree about what it is or not, the fact remains that in the game you'll level up, but you can't level up forever. People are referring to a section of the game as the endgame and saying it is the section of the game you have access to once you have finished leveling up. Apparently it overlaps with other parts of the game, but it's well-defined in that anything you do before you have leveled up all the way is not the endgame. Is that a clear enough definition? Does anyone have a problem with that, am I not saying it right?
Do you agree all of those things will be present in Destiny? (I could probably give proof if I kept up with news better, I can only assume Bungie has mentioned different things you can do once you've leveled up to the highest level, because otherwise, well kapowaz explained why it's bad to not have anything else left to do.) As a more interesting question, and somewhat getting back to the discussion, taking that into account, what do you think of what's been said? What would you like the endgame to be?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread