Wow, about to give up (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:23 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But it's pretty important to remember that the game was released 4 days ago - and to have you complaining that it's too much playtime to level up is pretty surreal. Maybe... I dunno... you're playing it too much?

It is not the time per se. I have put hundreds of hours into many games that I don't regret. It is the fact that the time required is wasted time, empty time, where you do do boring grindy stuff. You are not accomplishing anything meaningful. This grind is between me and the raid, which is supposed to be cool.

When you do play, you will have fun up until you do all the missions and strikes. Then you will see what I mean.

The game is basically fighting me. I want to try it, but it doesn't want me to.

I'm clearly not making my point. (Whether you'd agree with it if you understood it is a totally separate subject.)

I guess I'm arguing that for a game that's been out for 4 days, the term 'grinding' has very little meaning. If it feels like work after such a short time, you're playing the wrong game. Return Destiny and buy something else.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread