Wow, about to give up (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 09:11 (3523 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Wasn't sure where exactly to drop back into this thread, but I finished the campaign last night. I have some cool Legendary boots but I need 16 helium filaments.

It'd be nice if there was a vendor that sold these, or something. I feel ya. If I continue to play the game, I'll eventually collect enough, but it would take a lot of story missions before I naturally come across enough helium filaments.

That's what 'patrol' is for. Jump on the moon and run around the moonbase area - you should have a dozen helium filaments in a matter of minutes.

Last night I needed 4, it wasn't a big deal to jump to the Moon and find them. But when I need a large quantity of something, it isn't going to be fun, and if it isn't fun, --that's what I consider a grind.

I like story missions, I like public events. Once public events start happening with the frequency that they did during the Beta, I'll probably spend more time in Patrol and use the Patrol missions and item hunts to pass time between Public events--but Patrol missions and item hunts are not things I like.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread