This happened to me in Reach (Destiny)

by scarab @, Friday, September 12, 2014, 23:27 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I ground to get that black visor. To my shame I even farmed XP with the target designator. It took ages (weeks?) because I didn't do multiplayer.

When I got that visor it tasted of ashes. I stopped playing Reach after that.

I did stuff that didn't interest me for a very long time to get something that should have been included in a character build screen at the start of the game. I thought that the black visor fitted the character's backstory therefore it felt like a character build decision.

Point is: the victory was pyrrhic: I lost interest in playing the game.

Look: how long will the raid hold your interest? How long will it take you to beat it?

Then what?

Are you suited to this game?

Are you playing with friends? Does that interest you? Do you like to disengage your brain whilst talking shit with your pals and breezing though some stuff about a giant priest who walks about stomping guys. Do you laugh when you kill yourself for a stupid reason. Do your pals laugh too, revive you and rib you mercilessly about it?

Do you forget to take the time to select the correct weapon set for the next encounter because you were too busy chatting about whatever to remember? Or do you take your gaming too seriously for that?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread