Disk version for Xbone is also $30... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 03:02 (3322 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I cited it because your access to it can be beyond your control. If you buy a game disc, or a cartridge, the longevity is related to the care you put into preserving it.

Exactly the same for a game on your hard drive. What's more, you CAN back up your entire drive on PS4, so your argument is effectively moot. You can't back up a CD (well, not legally). I feel like backing PT up to every new Hard drive that I get, and I totally can.

If it's scratched or damaged, that's your fault. I have never had a game disc go bad. Ever. And I have some that are as old as 1991. I would be surprised if you had access to your digitally purchased media 24 years from now. So do your 1991 disks/floppies run on your PC? I have games half that age that just aren't compatible anymore (compatibility mode doesn't help with them). So unless I get a PC running Windows 98, I'm SOL... So, there's that.

As for console games, I can't tell you how many games of mine have been scratched, broken, or just flat-out lost (or destroyed by the 360 when it tipped over). With Digital, if I can't download a game online, I know I'll have it stored on a drive elsewhere. Less stress, less hassle, zero disk swapping, organizing, and caring for.

In contrast, I have had tons of hard drives go bad. To my knowledge, I can't simply back up my PS4's hard disk (if you can, please let me know!). If it ever does, then I am out the ability to play P.T.

Se my previous post, as well as this one. Yes, you CAN back up your hard disk.

I am absolutely confident in my ability to play the old Lucasarts adventure games I have on CD in the future. I am not so confident about all the few XBLA games I have bought over the years.

That's PC, though. Aren't you the one saying you can't compare the two?

Digital distribution is better in zero ways than physical, except for maybe not having to wait for a disc to come in the mail.

Not only do you prove yourself wrong in the same sentence, you've been proven wrong repeatedly in this very thread (heck, in this very post).

My original point stands:

Cody Was Wrong. Checkmate.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread