Disk version for Xbone is also $30... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 21:54 (3321 days ago) @ ZackDark

So don't try to sell me on this "Digital-games-don't-have-region-locking" BS.

Trust me when I say I feel your woes. I was graciously gifted a DL code for Reach some years ago and it never informed me it was region-locked. It simply failed to download before 1%. That's not the point I'm trying to make. What I am trying to say is that region-locking is not an exclusivity to digital games, so it's not really a downside for them.

With regards to region-locking, digital or otherwise:

"The PS4 is region free for games, but for legal reasons DLC is locked by region. If you buy a game from the US, for example, you will have to purchase all the DLC from the North American PSN Store. If you buy your games locally, then there shouldn't be a problem. Please note that the console is region locked for DVDs and Blu-ray movies.

Also, PAL and NTSC are obsolete analogue television broadcast standards and completely irrelevant to the PS4. The PS4 only has a digital output and has shed the old analogue output of previous consoles. The only problem you might have is with the power cable – you might need an adaptor plug."

I actually have a European account on top of my regular account, but as most PS+ games have been identical, I haven't used it in nearly a year. But region-locking seems to be dying...

My favorite part is how easy distribution is. Back in the days, I had a hard time finding OXbox games for sale. There were times I deeply regretted choosing it over a PS2. Now I can buy most games with little trouble. Region-locked? Sure, most of them are, but now I don't depend on stores deciding whether the games will be worth importing or not.

The last OXbox game that we ordered online was Morrowind, but we got a PAL version. D'oh!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread