Same (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 20:12 (3330 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I have never, ever to this day had a broken game disc for any system I've ever owned. Never had a system scratch one of my discs either.

I had memory cards crap out, but never the game discs. I too always took\take super good care of my media.

After a couple of decades of CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and game disks, I've only ever had one get noticeably scratched. I loaned a DC Talk CD to a friend of mine in high school and it was returned a month later completely unplayable.

Many consoles, players, and drives have been known to scratch disks through no fault of the owner, and sometimes discs aren't manufactured to very good standards and will sort of fall apart after a while. With digital you just have to make a backup copy-- if that's allowed in your country and under your terms of service. The fact it's not always allowed is big thing that puts me off digital-- I don't think they'd ever know, and if they did I don't think they'd come after me, but the idea that I'm breaking some rule, and more so the fact the rule exists in the first place, upset me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread