2nd GIG/S.A.C

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 11:44 (4001 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

(In order of posts)

I have no idea what show this is. Then again, I have no idea what half of the shows that have been posted are.

Is that a logo? Maybe a "C". The sky, some water, a bridge... I'm lost.

The first image made me think of those ghost hunter shows lol.

Made it like that on purpose. It would had of been too obvious other wise.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

[image]

Magnificent, isn't she?

A Thing of beauty Grizzlei. Its almost as if you downloaded enlightenment, and found a 2 in the string.

No idea what that first picture was, but I remember that logo.

I watched the first season of Stand Alone Complex but I just couldn't reconcile the >clean, digital, polished art style with the hand drawn 90s-era grittiness of the original film. The original was downright stunning.

The first picture is from the intro of Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG - Of Motoko Kusanagi & an other major character.

The 2nd Picture is the Logo of the Laughing Man - badly done.

Ghost in the Shell seems (since I am only an observer to such) to go much like American Comic Books in the sense that there are multiple worlds that have their own continuity to them.

Each format (more or less) is of its own self - at least that has been the pattern.

The TV Show (and not the POS Rush Job of the TV show as a Movie), while lacking the gritty brilliance & (deep?) philosophy of the 1995 movie brings instead a political and social intelligence to the story that has multiple threads to bring about a conclusion (though it can be pretentious every now and again). The Episodes that have a just a story continued in them are fun to watch too. Its not for people who just want explosions and tits, which is yet anther reason why I like it - it avoids the cliché trope of Anime.

._. Here's hoping it stays that way in the -*gulp*- prequel they are making. (I can forgive the visual style.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread