And now... the downer post (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 12:00 (3101 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm really having fun with this silly Festival. I barely played last night but I got some funny masks and I'm gonna try (RNG-willing) to grind enough glue to keep all of them. I'm even tempted to be a hypocrit and buy the Thriller emote. I really love Halloween (moreso than any other holiday) and this is just wonderful, silly fun.

There's just one problem I'm having - The Skull Mask. According to reddit, there's no rare version of this mask. That means you can only get it from Legendary packages. Which cost silver.

Now, fair's fair, it's only a cosmetic item. It stands to reason that you could use Silver to buy a purely cosmetic item during an event. I can't argue with that.

The problem is that it's random. Which means you could buy dozens of packages with your silver and still not get it. Already on reddit there's people who've spent upwards of $30 and not received it. In theory you could buy hundreds of dollars of silver and not get it.

Obviously the event isn't over yet, and maybe there's a way to get it from a mission or time-gated quest. But if not... not cool Bungie. Very, very not cool.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread