kotaku: Destiny 2 for PC, won't carry over year 1 characters (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:33 (2766 days ago) @ Kahzgul

You're right that there's no real reason to be attached to the avatar, and I think that's why I'm so upset about this. I don't want my experience with D1 to have been meaningless to the story of this game (logically, I know it is, but emotionally I want it to have mattered). I want this dude to have a reason for being that makes sense in the game world and that tells a tale. I want Bungie's promise of "your character will be your character for the next 10 years" to be kept, and not just another lie on a pile of advertising bullshit.

I don't want the several hundred hours I've spend in Destiny to be over with a whimper, and not a bang, and then have nothing to show for in Destiny 2. I'm really worried that Bungie is going to boil all of my progress and achievements down to "Destiny 1 players get a special emblem! Hooray!"

I totally agree with you here. I often think about wanting to rework my guardians' face, but then I'd feel like I was throwing away all of that experience. Logically it makes no sense, especially since I could stash most of my gear in the vault, but still emotionally I'm connected to my guardian's tired old face. I based my titan on Prince Adam because that's what randomly generated for me in the beta, and shoot, that was cool playing as one of my childhood heroes, but... I tire of his face, but he is MY TITAN, and I don't want to lose him.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread